Let yourself be tempted by a romantic weekend along the canals of Bruges ! This small Venice of the North is hallmarked by UNESCO for its cultural patrimony.
With its neo-medieval setting, Bruges is the ideal romantic destination. To discover all its amazing treasures, stroll along its small paved arteries, thus you will easily go from one historic monument to another. A cruise along the waterfront will allow you to step back in time while taking advantage of unique vistas featuring private mansions with richly ornamented facades.
Along the canals of Bruges, the romantic
Begin your visits with the Belfry tower. Facing the finely crafted frontispiece of the City Hall, this landmark with powerful bells will encourage you to climb the 366 steps and immortalise the panorama on the capital of Western Flanders. A few steps away, the Notre-Dame church proudly imposes itself as the highest brick tower in Europe, it shelters the mausoleums of Marie de Bourgogne and Charles the Bold. Also enter the Saint-Sauveur cathedral to admire its treasures, including the Great Organ and the Virgin with Child by Michelangelo. Lovers must not miss the promenade to the Béguinage and its Lake of Love, an 18th century architectural ensemble worthy of a film decor.
Flemish masters and chocolate passion
In Bruges, art lovers will be front row at the Goreninge Museum. Behind the walls of a palace, it showcases major works by Expressionists, Primitive Flemish Masters and the leading artists of the Renaissance. This landmark venue, known for its intricate lace, is also higly coveted by chocolate addicts. And the Choco-Story museum definitely puts chocolate in the spotlight…
- Galler www.galler.com Open the doors and discover the Royal Warrant holder for artisanal chocolates and its infinite varieties.
- Coco-Story choco-story-brugge.be The history of chocolate, recipes, tastings : this museum will make you appreciate these irresistible sweets even more.
- Centre de la Dentelle kantcentrum.eu A 15th century house where you can order customized home linens.
- De Karmeliet www.dekarmeliet.be In a former couvent, Geert Van Hecke was awarded three Michelin Guide stars for his high end Beligian specialities.
- Patrick Devos www.patrickdevos.be An Art Deco landmark featuring a lovely inner garden and a discrete chef who perfectly handles food and wine pairings.
- Your stay : At the Duke's Palace. www.hoteldukespalace.com The only 5 star in Flanders, this unique waterfront hotel is located in the historical center, its upscale suites associate contemporary comfort with 15th century elegance and its Spa is the ideal place for rest and relaxation.
- Information : www.visitbruges.be